Friday, November 3, 2017

Dolphin

Daily Draw: Ostara Tarot ~ 10 of Wands

Stress. Never thought of this card as that conclusion although it speaks of overwork, overburden, overtired, sadness and neglect,  much of it self-directed.

I'm reminded by this card, the problem is there is no line in the sand, no whistle that goes off, before we go too far. We can't tell a boss if I do this project I'll get too tired. Can't tell our family we need a break from them. Can't tell the bank we need some breathing room.

On the other hand stress can be a good thing, the adrenaline that gets our mind/heart/feet moving thereby bringing us back to balance.

Epilogue: I wanted to write about dolphins and elephants and extinction. But I'd start my day stressed and I'm not going there. My long years of depression are over. I'd not self-direct myself back.

3 comments:

  1. A little stress can motivate, a lot of stress can inundate. Sometimes I have to give myself a time-out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe start your day with a prayer for them and see where that takes you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It good to put on blinkers from time to time to protect ourselves. I don't read the news paper, I don't watch the news. I do read a very brief overview of the daily news and only if it is a need to know,I continue to do further research. This is my way of putting on blinkers

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn