Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Lunar Lunacy

Daily Draw: Druidcraft Tarot ~ Moon

Web search for crustation returns a spelling correction of  crustacean and definition, diverse arthropod taxon. Above my pay grade I fear. Forcing the search to crustation I'm presented with: microscopic bugs that live in hair, skin and poo; a trip hop band, copper carbonate, and last but also first, given in Latin, crustatus.

All that small foray into mental lunacy is said to say, my favorite card in all decks, and always interesting how the artist presents the pillars, the pack, and the crustation. Next full moon August 7, an auspicious night to howl.

8 comments:

  1. This little creature will now always be a crustation to me too :)
    Wouldn't it be fun if we could all howl together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we were in Britian, who knows why but Rob started calling the little open top Citroën, crustation and from that he started referring to oldie-goldie folk the same. So sometimes we had crustations driving a crustation... And so they have since been. And where I got the word and why I have a green Citroën teapot purchased in Hay on Wye. Aren't you sorry you asked? :)

      Delete
  2. A world-wide howl-a-thon.... I'm in. :D
    Interesting that some cards make it look like a crab, others like a crawdad, and some like a lobster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it may have to do with the water bumped up against the land. Crawdads here are fresh water, and although the deck is set in great britian, surrounded by sea water, druidic settings all seem to be inland?

      Delete
  3. That is a lovely moon card. Makes me want to go howl. Listen for my answering howl to yours on August 7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my doggies can be pulled from their cozy bed, and if they are willing, we might get a threesome howl from this end. Mostly they sit and and look at me like I'm lost in lunacy.

      Delete
    2. What a perfect place to travel to. Just don't stay there. I have howled at the moon off and on for years. Occasionally someone is nearby and thinks, what a nut case. Oh Well

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn