Friday, August 4, 2017

Ducats Guineas Florins

Daily Draw: Grand Etteilla Tarot ~ 6 of Coins/Guineas

The other suits are sticks, cups, swords. The individual coin cards are sequins, ducats, florins, ounces, sun, and three shields. Go figure. Our six guineas would have us concentrate on today rather than the future.

In Coin talk is that our best option? Spend and buy freely, hang tomorrow? I think we know better. If we utilize what we have, tools, knowledge, skills, we can better honor what we already hold, rather than imploring us to ignore what we have and spend tomorrow today.

Today and tomorrow I'm taking a two day course on precision piecing. I've been making quilts since dirt was new, do I need a class? No. Will I learn something new, I certainly expect to. Much of what we do is by rote, yet new methods to do pretty much everything come along all the time. I'm open to that, concentrating my Coins on tomorrow by doing better what I do today. Was that garbled...

4 comments:

  1. "Stewardship" seems to be a fading idea these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that is symbol for Jupiter on those coins. Expansion and good luck are hallmarks of Jupiter, so your quilting classes are a good thing. Maybe you might just learn something new and even better teach something new to another. Keep cool out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, there is a lot of planetary stuff going on with his view of tarot, although that is true of the thoth type decks too.
      Guess what. TOMORROW and the next day is the quilt class. At least I've already got my lunch sack ready :) Oh for a few brain cells to rub together

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your classes Sharyn. Maybe they can learn something from you too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn