Thursday, August 3, 2017

Short and Garbled

Daily Draw: Grand Etteilla Tarot ~ Gospel

Etteilla calls this #5 card Gospel,  and says it is the emblem of success in love and work. Odd? I guess you had to be there. I expect a lot of thought went into his deck, and research too which was probably difficult in the mid-1700s. He felt divination by cards came out of  ancient Egypt and passed on to Bohemians in the 1500s, and then (magically) picked up and printed by Grimaud.

That is a short and garbled history, but I'm thinking that is how most day to day knowledge enters our brain-pan.  I'm reading Blood and Guts: A Short History of Medicine and I feel I'm being dragged though a time and space knothole to get my knowledge. So much history, so little time to learn.

All that said, to realize this is the #7 card, Snake...Great Garbled Goofs

As mother would say, learn something new every day and the day has value. I'll go with that.

4 comments:

  1. My daughter has me listening to a podcast called "Sawbones" - a doc and her comedian husband's look at medicine, past and present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much knowledge but the older I get the harder it is to remember new gained information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scavengers.
    It is amazing what science and medicine have discovered. I wonder how much of it is wrong and when will they admit to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember I really enjoyed reading Roy Porter for my history degree. Of the actual content I remember nothing...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn